The next MoDOT On the Move Listening Sessions are scheduled to be held in St. Louis and St. Charles on February 28. The link to register for these and future sessions is http://www.missourionthemove.org/community-engagement/schedule-of-events/?
MoDOT is hosting a series of listening sessions across the state to determine a priority list of projects for the 1% statewide sales tax for transportation that is being debated in Jefferson City and for their Long Range Plan. The sales/use tax would require voter approval and run for ten years, generating nearly $8 billion total revenue to be split into two components.
- 90% would go to MoDOT - $713 million/year, with a ten year total of $713 billion over ten years
- 10% would go to cities and counties
- 5% would be distributed to cities - $39 million/year
- 5% would be distributed to counties - $39 million/year
- Each specific locale receives dollars related to road mileage and land value
Your participation is key to ensuring public transportation is included in any proposal that moves forward.