Section 4.412 of HB 2004 refers to the “Missouri Moves” Program. Last week, the Senate amended the language to specifically include multimodal among the projects which could be considered for funding. However, the House did not include the multi-modal language. Currently the House version only includes funding for roads and bridges.
The House funded Missouri Moves with $30,000,000 from the Surplus Revenue Fund while the Senate elected to fund it with $20,000,000 in general revenue funds. The funding source will be part of the discussion and negotiation during this conference committee on HB 2004.
Now is the time to reach out to members of the Conference Committee to ensure the language is multi-modal and the program is funded at the highest possible level:
HB 2004 Conference Committee members
House: * Tom Flanigan, Chair (Carthage/Joplin area) - 573-751-5458, Thomas.Flanigan@house.mo.gov
* Scott Fitzpatrick (Monett/Cassville area) - 573-751-1488, Scott.Fitzpatrick@house.mo.gov
* Lincoln Hough (Springfield) - 573-751-9809, Lincoln.Hough@house.mo.gov
* Gail McCann-Beatty (Kansas City) - 573-751-2124, Gail.Beatty@house.mo.gov
* Michael Butler (St Louis city) - 573-751-6800, Michael.Butler@house.mo.gov
* Kurt Schaefer, Chair (Columbia) - (573) 751-3931, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Ryan Silvey (KC), (573) 751-5282, Ryan.Silvey@senate.mo.gov
* Kiki Curls (KC), (573) 751-3158, email@example.com
* Dan Brown (Rolla) - (573) 751-5713, Dan.Brown@senate.mo.gov
* Gina Walsh (St Louis County) - (573) 751-2420, firstname.lastname@example.org
THE ASK. . .
Please support the Senate version supporting 'multi-modal projects' including transit and the House funding amount of $30 million for Section 4.412 of HB 2004. Since the funding comes from General Revenue, it is imperative these funds be used for all modes of transportation especially transit which is becoming a top priority in many of our local communities.